Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Flax French Toast

This is a recipe from one of my team members.
I would of never thought to try flax meal to make french toast. Awesome~

My daughter woke up today and asked for french toast. I told her I was out of eggs and I could run to the store. She said she didn't want me to go, could I make them another way. I thought about my days as a personal chef where I dealt with food allergies and remembered using flax meal and water as an egg substitute. This French toast came out with a crunchier than normal coating and she loved it!
EASY! More healthful than out of a box! Can be gluten free! Vegan!

Ingredients:
1/3 cup milk (cow or other)
3 tablespoon ground flax
2 teaspoons vanilla
Oil for frying (I use coconut)
6 pieces bread (I used gluten free sour dough with brown rice)
1)Grind flax seed and place in medium shallow bowl
2)Add milk and vanilla and mix with a fork. Flax will expand in milk.
3)Heat a couple tablespoons of oil in pan on medium high heat (keep an eye on this)
4)Take one piece of bread at a time and coat in milk mixture. Let excess drip back into bowl.
5)Place bread in pan 1-2 pieces at a time. Don't crowd pan. Let cook for 1-2 minutes then flip. If it begins to stick (I use a stainless pan) add more oil.
Enjoy!

Join our group and ask the experts about Skinny Fiber. contests and drawings.. recipes and motivation!!!! click the link -->
https://www.facebook.com/groups/healthy360/

No comments:

Post a Comment