Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Easy Iced Coffee AT HOME!


Recipe by Angie S.

I have a "thing" for coffee. I love to save money as well and quite honestly, no other person is going to give me better customer service than myself!
Contrary to what you might think, you do NOT need a fancy espresso machine at home to make yourself a delicious coffee! And with a few tweaks, you can get that SAME coffee house taste for pennies on the dollar with just a few tweaks! Minus the excess caffeine and calories!

I brew up a batch of regular coffee (Right now, we are using Folgers in the red can). Once it is brewed, I pour it in a pitcher and put it in the refrigerator to cool. The flavors you can use are endless and you can Google a LOT of combinations to get that "Barista Brew" that you love so much! Most ALL of my recipes for my coffee shop came from the internet.

To make your coffee, decide if you want it hot, iced, or blended.

If HOT:
Simply pour your cup of Java. Add flavoring to your taste , being careful not to add too much or it will be VERY sweet. Add creamer of your choice, if desired and enjoy!

If ICED (photo)
Fill cup with as much ice as desired (all the way to the top if your coffee is still hot). Add a shot of flavoring (You can use a Nyquil cup to measure). Slowly pour the coffee over the ice. Add your milk (I using Vanilla Almond Milk!). Stir well, add a straw and sip to your heart's content!

If BLENDED:
Fill your cup with ice. Add the ice to the blender. Add your flavoring and milk of choice. Add coffee JUST until the ice peaks out the top. Blend until smooth. You can adjust the thickness of your blended coffee just by adding more or less of the coffee/milk.
The main syrup companies are Torani's, Davinci's and Italia D'oro. I use all 3 as some companies don't carry some of the flavors I like/need when mixing up coffee drinks.
Davinci Drink Recipes: http://www.davincigourmet.com/recipes/
Torani Recipes: http://www.torani.com/recipes
You can order most all of the syrups pretty cheaply on Amazon.

°••••°•••☆like share comment follow me°••••°•••☆
 new friends
And I am always posting great stuff★

www.facebook.com/julie.herschberger
https://www.facebook.com/groups/healthy360/

No comments:

Post a Comment